Are you passionate about technology and healthcare? Are you excited about taking ownership of strategic projects and client-/partner facing work? Do you want to play a key role in bringing AI applications into clinical practice? Do you want to work on meaningful projects and have an impact?
What we do
Vara enables radiologists specialised in breast cancer screening to reach superior diagnostic performance at spotting cancer by automating the diagnosis of non-malignant examinations. We built a machine learning platform to confidently speed up workflow in 2D mammography. Our team has spent the last 2 years validating Vara and we are now ready to start spreading our wings.
The Vara team is made up of 25 entrepreneurs, medical doctors, and engineers from top-tier companies (e.g. Google, Amazon, BCG) and universities (e.g. Oxford, Stanford, University of St. Gallen) around the world. We’re based in Europe’s startup capital, Berlin, and are growing quickly!
We are looking for an ambitious Sales Manager in the DACH region to sell Vara AI-powered software to radiologists specialised in breast cancer screening. The ideal candidate must have a successful sales track record, be tenacious yet empathic, strategic and solution-oriented; a self-starter who is organised, collaborative and energetic.
- Identify, articulate and demonstrate Vara’s value proposition to key clinicians, IT and finance to drive purchasing decisions;
- Identify and establish relationships with key customers and develop a strong sales funnel;
- Collaborate closely with CEO, product development, medical team and business development;
- Build strong relationships with breast screening radiologists to drive utilisation and train the first customers in order to develop best practice;
- Analyse, establish and optimise sales processes based on best practices;
- Support the structuring and scaling of our sales organisation with the highest level of ethical business conduct;
- Travel likely to be >50% to support the above.
- BA/BS/MBA degree or equivalent job-related experience;
- 5+ years experience in medical imaging or healthcare software consultative sales, experience in mammography ideal;
- Proven and consistent track record of sales success exceeding targets;
- Proven track record of success selling across multiple customer stakeholders;
- Experience in developing and expanding a particular market;
- Profound interest in technology and a good technical understanding;
- Entrepreneurial drive, willingness to take responsibility, high ambition and the ability to achieve goals collaboratively;
- Verbal and written fluency in English and German;
- Resident of a major city in the DACH region, ideally Berlin.
What We Offer
- We believe in personal ownership, flat hierarchies and direct communication, which means that we operate and learn fast - as a team;
- We encourage a dynamic, results-oriented working environment: work from the office and/or balance your time working from home;
- We are driven researchers, developers and entrepreneurs who believe in building transformative solutions our customers can't live without;
- We encourage our employees to continuously develop their skills at conferences, workshops, seminars or through other methods;
- We have regular off-site events and team dinners;
- We are an equal-opportunity employer and value broad diversity. We consider all applications equally, and can help with immigration.