If you are excited about machine learning and big data applications or just designing and implementing sophisticated full stack applications, this job is for you! At SiaSearch, we are looking for a full stack engineer to join our team of 10+ experienced, diverse, enthusiastic and open-minded people in Berlin.
- Conceptualize and build a large-scale data management platform
- Design and implement an efficient and scalable backend, which is able to handle large amounts of data
- Work on and with our data pipeline comprising large-scale data processing, database design and our high performance query engine
- Build a customer-facing API
- Closely interact with our frontend engineers
- Work with and contribute to cutting-edge open-source frameworks
You should have
- BA/BS in computer science or a related technical field
- You have a track record in building web applications in fast-paced environments
- You appreciate great user experience as much as awesome tech and software architecture
- Solid competence in software engineering with Python
- You gained experience with deploying software on cloud infrastructure like such as GCP, AWS or Azure
- Experience building and deploying websites and web apps with a web framework (Flask, Django, Phoenix, etc.)
- You have very good knowledge of Git, Docker, development workflow automation and CI and CD
- You gained experience with databases like PostgresSQL, Elasticsearch, MongoDB or similar and distributed processing frameworks like Apache Spark or Flink
- You are great at communicating with people, motivating everyone and getting the whole team on the same page
- You are naturally curious, happy to explore and learn new things
- Entrepreneurial mindset, hands-on mentality, stress resistance and passion to solve big challenges in a simple way
- Fluency in English
Nice to haves
- MS or PhD in related field
- Working experience in startup environment
- Experience with C++ and Scala
- You already gained experience of designing big data applications
- Expert knowledge in data processing and database design
- Advanced German
At SiaSearch our mission is to accelerate the development of visual AI applications across multiple markets. Our product is a powerful yet simple interface that makes it 10x easier and faster for developers to explore, understand and share visual data at scale. SiaSearch is used by hundreds of machine learning engineers at leading industrial companies and scale-ups across the globe.
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits, the following aspects are central to our company culture:
- Vision: we are a team of entrepreneurs and inventors who value focus, commitment and goal orientation. We believe in ownership and are looking for team members willing to go the extra mile to bring us to the next level.
- Openness: we believe in flat hierarchies, direct and free communication, transparency and honesty.
- Learning: we grow and learn fast as a team. We are looking for curious personalities with a growth mindset. Be it seminars, workshops, conferences, or other methods, we encourage our employees to continuously develop their personal skill set.
- Way of working: some of us come in during regular business hours, and some of us prefer to start later or earlier. We are a trust-based organization who believes in the ownership and responsibility of our people. We have regular off sites, team dinners and get-togethers which you are welcome to join!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We consider all applications equally regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity. We strongly encourage individuals from groups traditionally underrepresented in tech to apply, and we can help with immigration.