Are you passionate about technology and healthcare? Are you excited about taking ownership of strategic projects and client-/partner facing work? Do you want to play a key role in bringing AI applications into clinical practice? Do you want to work on meaningful projects and have an impact?
What we do
Vara enables radiologists specialised in breast cancer screening to reach superior diagnostic performance at spotting cancer by automating the diagnosis of non-malignant examinations. We built a machine learning platform to confidently speed up workflow in 2D mammography. Our team has spent the last 2 years validating Vara and we are now ready to start spreading our wings.
The Vara team is made up of 25 entrepreneurs, medical doctors, and engineers from top-tier companies (e.g. Google, Amazon, BCG) and universities (e.g. Oxford, Stanford, University of St. Gallen) around the world. We’re based in Europe’s startup capital, Berlin, and growing quickly!
We are looking for an ambitious Business Development Manager to help us build and distribute Vara. The ideal candidate is a driven strategic thinker with a proven track record in healthcare; they are empathic, solution-oriented; a self-starter who is organized, collaborative and energetic.
- Identify and prepare for new market entries;
- Lead strategic projects;
- Improve processes/solutions in business operations;
- Represent our company at international conferences;
- Work on legal assessments in the field of medical device legislation and data privacy;
- Support the scaling up and structuring of our marketing and sales organization;
- Report to Director of Business Development on company and product strategy;
- Collaborate closely with the CEO, product development, ML and medical teams.
- BA/BS/MBA degree or equivalent job-related experience;
- 5+ years experience in management consulting/business development for healthcare tech company, experience in medical imaging and/or mammography ideal;
Project management skills in customer-facing setting;
- Profound interest in technology and a good technical understanding;
- Well-structured and independent work method;
- Excellent verbal and written communication (DE/EN) and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with business, tech and medical teams;
- Entrepreneurial drive, willingness to take responsibility, high ambition and the ability to achieve goals collaboratively.
What We Offer
- We believe in personal ownership, flat hierarchies and direct communication, which means that we operate and learn fast - as a team;
- We encourage a dynamic, results-oriented working environment: work from the office and/or balance your time working from home;
- We are driven researchers, developers and entrepreneurs who believe in building transformative solutions our customers can't live without;
- We encourage our employees to continuously develop their skills at conferences, workshops, seminars or through other methods;
- We have regular off-site events and team dinners;
- We are an equal-opportunity employer and value broad diversity. We consider all applications equally, and can help with immigration.